The Nice Guys clocked in at 131 minutes. Normally, I'm not a fan of non-superhero movies that run over the two-hour mark, but this one didn't FEEL long, so I'll let it slide. I didn't really think Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling would work well together, but they do. I'm not a fan of most Ryan Gosling movies, even though I concede that he is an unnaturally attractive man. I was really worried he'd bring down the quality a Russell Crowe movie usually brings, but he held his own. Ryan, well done. I apologize for doubting you. Thanks to you (and Russell, of course), I give The Nice Guys a solid A.
And now, my random thoughts while watching The Nice Guys:
- Is that the nerdy kid from Jurassic World.
- Ryan Gosling actually looks GOOD in 1970's clothes.
- Russell Crowe with reading glasses? God, we're getting old.
- It's weird watching a time before cell phones. I bet directors love it though...no having to come up with excuses why the character's phones don't work.
- Russell Crowe is definitely not Maximus the gladiator anymore.
- This movie makes 1977 seem SO LONG AGO, but I was alive in 1977, so...
- Geez, I'm old.
- Ryan Gosling is really good at physical comedy.
- This was ultimately a whodunit, and I'm not sure I understand whodunit. But I don't even care.