Last year I had a little rant about things that aren't lefty-friendly.. This year, I'm going to share cool left-hander facts with you.
These come from leftyfretz.com (a left-hander guitar player website) because I'm no plagiarist. LeftyFretz says that lefties:
- Make especially good baseball players, tennis players, swimmers, boxers and fencers (almost 40% of the top tennis players are lefties)
- Recover from strokes faster
- Of the seven most recent U.S Presidents, 4 have been left handed
- Left handed college graduates go on to become 26% richer than right handed graduates
And these come factoids come from from LeftHandersDay.com:
- 4 of the 5 original designers of the Macintosh computer were left-handed
- 1 in 4 Apollo astronauts were left-handed – 250% more than the normal level.
So today, fellow lefties, go out and celebrate your lefty awesomeness. A great way to celebrate would be to watch an episode of The Simpsons, in which left-handed Bart Simpson always starts the show writing lines on a chalkboard with his left hand.