In case you're wondering, these are the "sticky songs" that I thought to write down over the last few weeks, starting with today and going backward.
- Andrews High School Fight Song - including lyrics that most people don't know exist
- Royals by Lorde ("you can call me green bean")
- Hawaii 5-0 theme song (as played by the Permian High School band. This is a regular. It comes up 2 or 3 times a month in the mental jukebox shuffle.)
- Feelin' 22 by Taylor Swift (don't even like this song, but we have a great football player here at Tech. His # gets called alot by announcers during the games.)
- Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield
- Melt With You by Modern English
- Roxanne (the Eddie Murphy version)
- Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
- Without Me - Eminem
- Super Bass by Nicki Minaj (I know. Ugh.)
- Waka Waka by Shakira from the 2010 World Cup (the Spanish version)
With the exception of Jessie's Girl, these are even in the top 100 of my all-time favorite songs, so why do they stay with me? Again, I'm not sure I want to know.
So, what are your sticky songs?